Our campers’ health, safety and security are paramount.
Each camp has its own health clinic, staffed 24 hours a day by registered nurses and a doctor. Each clinic contains private examination rooms and private overnight rooms. We are a short distance from a major hospital in Glens Falls, New York and EMT support is stationed locally.
If a child is injured, put on medication, has a fever or is admitted to the health clinic, we contact parents immediately.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards in maintaining camp safety and security.
- Accredited by the American Camping Association
- Member of the New York State Camping Association
- Member of the American Independent Camp Association
We hold a:
- New York State Department of Health Permit
We thoroughly screen all staff members:
- Staff are personally interviewed and screened for appropriate positions
- Multiple reference checks are required
- Criminal background investigation are conducted by and outside organization
- We conduct a national sex offender registry and a New York State sex offender registry check for every employee annually.
- We hold a five-day staff orientation for all staff members (new and returning)
- Our staff is continuously evaluated while camp is in session
Fire safety is strictly enforced:
- All bunks are equipped with smoke detectors
- Staff and campers practice scheduled fire and emergency drills throughout summer
- Supervision is maintained 24 hours a day.